Monday, July 11, 2016

...an hair cut

Anyone remember how I wanted to buzz all my hair for the mission? Well I got what I wanted! It wasn't a bad haircut, it was a choice. Feels great to not have a vat of hair on the top of my head that boils my brain in this heat and humidity. Sorry to all those that enjoyed my hair as much as I did in any reflective surface (;





While I had a little extra time, I started making a list of a few things I've learned on my mission. Thought I would share!


Things I've Learned:

    Iron a white shirt
    Laundry
    Don't soak anything in bleach overnight
    Pizza = BAD
    Don't eat anything that is made at a gas station
    Gas station pizza = DOUBLE BAD
    Don't be over eager while drinking anything not water. Especially red Powerade. (Don't pull "a LaMont").
    Make French Toast
    Cook edible pancakes


You can easily see how just about every one of these things can be learned the hard way. Those of you that know me, know I usually learn in that manner. I'm stubborn like that. I am so grateful for the Savior's atonement, which allows us to become more than what we ever could be on our own. With the power of God, our growth is exponentially greater! Don't do it alone!


Elder Andrasko and I walking along to meet with a former investigator when suddenly:


A soccer grill! Cool! Too bad it's a pub... 



Wait a second... 



A bar and a rival soccer team?! This is a DOUBLE abomination! I have eyes on the enemy! Hold me back! Go RSL!!


It's been a bit of a slow week, but we are still Harvesting in the Heartland at the time of the Hastening! The field is white already to harvest, especially among all of these plains! I love Kansas!


Thank you to my amazing family for the package! Full of some of my favorite things. I find it funny I am so excited to receive socks and underwear when I was sorely disappointed to receive such things as a young child. So many things change with time! I'm definitely learning how better to change, as we should be changing every day. Change was something not very enjoyable for me, but now I love it. It's hard, but it's worth it. So much good comes from change!

No comments:

Post a Comment