Thursday, January 7, 2016

Week one, first email from Elder LaMont

Right now I have some downtime so my district and I are furiously typing in a computer lab to communicate with family and friends. I am in a companionship of three, with Elder Colton and Elder Smack. They're great guys, I've indeed learn to love them even in the very short amount of time I have had with them. I'm sorry I don't have any pictures for the moment, but I promise some will come soon. The most powerful moment in my experience here so far is when we were in a class. In the class, we watched an example role-play of missionaries speaking to an 'actor' investigator. These 'actors' are often times real investigators, members who have questions or are going through a hard time and need our help. The missionaries learned about the actor, whose name is Marco by the way, and were stopped suddenly by the instructor. We were then informed that the class of 20 or so people were going to finish the visit with Marcos. Everyone was hesitant at first, but I felt strongly prompted by the spirit to share some words. I looked into Marco's eyes and bore my testimony of prayer. I taught him Heavenly Father will listen to our prayers and answer them because we are His children and He loves us. It filled the room with the spirit. Everyone was dead quiet after my words and continued very reverently and respectfully. The spirit was so strong, and I was so bolstered by confidence. I love the MTC so much. I love always being busy on a tight schedule and I'm learning constantly by teachers, my companions, other Elders and Sisters, and even through the silence by the Holy Ghost. I've learned to live in the moment, and I'm excelling at recognizing the spirit. 

Elder LaMont

No comments:

Post a Comment