Monday, December 4, 2017

Twilight Town



I am so sad to leave Wamego! Goodbye Oz.. My companion and I are sure to go through Wamego's Oz Museum before we leave.















The transfer day is crazy. The situation is complicated. Elder Miller is training Elder Horton and I'm in the companionship, making three of us. So my companions are in training meetings as mandated in every case of training on transfer day. I have the pleasure of hanging out with Elder West who is leaving for home, and Elder Fluckiger the new assistant vehicle coordinator. We help the housing coordinators and make sure we snag another bed for Elder Miller.

Valley Center is a neat place. I've affectionately termed this land 'Twilight Town' because I have entered the twilight of my mission. The usual spot (where I live) is very different and quite small. It looks even smaller with three men sharing the place. It is a duplex we share with a middle-aged less active woman that comes to church every onve in a while. Unfortunately I have not met her yet. My wonderful family sends a package to the incorrect address I provide them. A hilarious wild chase ensues. In the end the package is obtained.

The three of us have a great blessing of teaching Kim Brown. Kim has been looking forward to her baptism for several weeks. A date and time is set for the ordinance. It will be this Saturday, the ninth. Mille, Horton and I are so very excited for Kim.

Friday and Saturday the Wichita stake sets up a massive event called The Pageant. In the church gym there are rows and rows of tables packed with nativity scenes. There is a room with many pictures depicting the life of Christ. Live music is softly playing in the chapel where the music is heard from the gym. The atmosphere is wonderful. We have the occasion of bringing our less active friend Victor. The companions and I did not find anyone there to teach right off the bat. I know this community event has touched many hearts and planted many seeds.



Sunday is a great day. I relish every moment of my final fast and testimony meeting. Kim enjoys the meeting. Elder Miller and I sit with her while Elder Horton sits with Donovan. Donovan is fourteen years and he has consistently come to mutual with the bishop's children and he loves it. We invite him to sacrament several days prior and play some basketball with him. The kid is a great ball player. Donovan loves church and we hope to be teaching him the first lesson this week, at least.

The highlight of this week is the Christmas Devotional. Elder Kevin R. Duncan's experiences he spoke of really touch my heart as I listen intently to how his faith and determination builds his life from tragedy enjoying many blessings. How great is our Father on Heaven! He loves all of us so much.

Thank you to all those who have wished me a happy birthday! It is wonderful to have so many emails in my inbox so close to my return. I love you squad. Thanks for your support and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment