Monday, April 25, 2016

First Transfer and more...

Elder Hilborn and I sure lived it up to the fullest in our last few days together.




 We witnessed an awesome miracle with Diana North. We discussed the Book of Mormon, and we came to find out Diana is reading ahead of the assignments Elder Hilborn and I invite her to read! Elder Hilborn felt it was time to talk about the Word of Wisdom. Diana listened carefully. By the end of the discussion, she committed to live the Word of Wisdom by surrendering all of her coffee and cigarettes. Diana and her son even tore a few of those putrid deathsticks! Of course, there's been obstacles. There was a moment we thought we were going to lose her, but because of the incredible involvement of the Ward Mission Leader's wife, Diana chose to continue the fight. There is no doubt in my mind the prayers upon the behalf of those whom I am teaching brought about this wonderful blessing!

An investigating family I would like to mention is the Dobson's. They are constituted of Leah (single mother), Cassy (16 year old daughter), and Wyatt (5 year old son). Finding them was miraculous! Weeks ago, I felt inspired to talk to a man we learned to be Cade Watts. Elder Hilborn and I had a great lesson of Joseph Smith and the role of our Heavenly Father and thought Cade to be interested. However, Cade Watts gave us a bogus address. Cade most certainly did not live there, we came to learn. But who did? The Dobson's! Leah and Cassy have been very interested so far, very exciting. We gave them a tour of the church. During the tour, Leah expressed a concern about the baptism approaching too quickly. I felt an incredible surge of the Spirit as I testified of fact Heavenly Father loves Leah. I could feel it burning inside me like I have never felt it before. Never before have I felt the Spirit burn so brightly within my heart.


It was a difficult thing to say goodbye to Elder Hilborn. I hadn't realized I had made such a great friend until it was time to part. It was a very sad time. However, I have a new companion. His name is Elder Michael Zurcher (pronounced Zer - ker) from Providence, UT. Really close to home! Although we didn't know each other, we do know some of the same people (Makayla Holt and Audrey Durrant to name a couple). A very neat coincidence.



The one time Elder Zurcher isn't camera-shy is when he has an opportunity to use my iPad without my knowledge. 



Elder Zurcher from Providence, Utah

On Friday, Elder Zurcher and I had a unique opportunity to be event security. There were countless taser and all manner of riot weaponry jokes. I never want to work as security. It's actually a pretty boring job.





Also, we had the opportunity to teach Martha again. We taught from the Book of Mormon and testified of it's truth. Martha is one stubborn Catholic woman, but she is as wise, kind, and intelligent as she is pig-headed. She's agreed to read the Book of Mormon and to pray about it. I myself am praying the Spirit will lead her to the truth.

William is doing very well! We are pals! William teases me a ton, and I give it right back. Because William has a lot of time, he enjoys coming with us to teach. How I wish you could have heard him testify to a man named Damon Anderson! William said, concerning the Spirit, "It is the greatest feeling you could ever feel." It was an awesome spectacle.



Another shot of William's baptism: yours truly, Elder Hilborn, William, Sister Viera, Sister Hansen, and Danny Higgins.


We've had the wonderful opportunity to meet with some of the single sisters in the ward: Diane Rasmussen and Renata Kraft. Sister Rasmussen is wishing to adopt me, silly woman. I love her so dearly. You'll never meet a more loyal, outspoken person. We call Sister Kraft 'Special K'. Sister Kraft loves nicknames and especially adores 'Special K' because it was given to her by the missionary that she claims converted her. As many frightening people one could meet in the streets, as many vindictive and poisonous back-biting members of the ward, there sure are some truly wonderful people here. Diamonds in the ruff.

I thank you again for your wonderful support. I've stopped trying to find the adequate words to describe my immense feelings of gratitude. I love you. I pray for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment