Monday, January 9, 2017

My Tiger!




Another great week in Kansas!



I might have mentioned a zoo in Great Bend before, but I have finally seen my tiger! His name is Sunny and he came super close, so I managed some decent photographs. I thought I would share them with you!









Elder Porter and I have been teaching a woman Elder Christensen and I met a few weeks ago. She came straight to the church one week and said, "I want to be baptized." This woman has a colorful past. In tears, she told us how her fiance died in her arms and admitted her long history of methamphetamine abuse. We met this sister at church when we introduced ourselves to her several weeks ago when she told us of her desire to be baptized. Of course that caught us off guard. Unfortunately, some circumstances do not allow her to live the law of chastity in this moment in time, however she had resolved to refrain from sleeping with her boyfriend. We've committed her to begin to find a way she can live separate. We are doing all we can to help her. I've learned a lot in the two lessons we have taught her and in studying for those sacred opportunities. The Lord will bless us immediately if we live His commandments! When we fail to realize it, we are not looking hard enough.



Sounds like quite a few of you are experiencing the crazy weather. We are too! Ever heard of an ice storm? That's what we have in Kansas! Take a look!







A beautiful shot by Elder Porter







Trees saggin' from the iced branches







... and then they break off. 



That is the weirdest thing! Elder Porter and I are walking around and we hear a rumbling crack sound, then all of a sudden a huge branch falls from above and shatters in pieces behind us. "Judas, dude! We were just standing there!" So not only is there ice everywhere, but it rains tree branches too. Good thing we don't have any redwoods in Kansas. That would really put a damper on my day!



There is no other place I would rather be than Great Bend, Kansas! I am so grateful for the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ, to never again be taken from off the face of the Earth! Never be ashamed you are a disciple of Jesus Christ. Make it known to everyone you are following Him. Never stop enduring to the end to return with honor in our forever families!



Love you all! Thank you for your love, prayers, emails, and support! May you be blessed for all you do for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment