Monday, September 4, 2017

The Boy Warrior, a Saved Soul, and the Oak Tree





Announcing the new and improved Elder LaMont!





The man, the myth, the legend: Elder Alekken LaMont holding our mission plaques

(Photo credit to Dad)


Yesterday, one of my greatest friends and best brother gave his farewell address in sacrament meeting to mark his second-to-last Sunday in the United States before his ministerial journey in the islands of Vanuatu. How proud I am of him!! Way to go Alekken. I'm sorry to have missed your talk, but I was there in spirit. Vanuatu is so blessed to have recruited such a spiritual giant.

Little wonder civilizations of early times spoke of our fates woven together in a giant fabric. Elder Smack and I became temporary companions again on an exchange! It was a blast. How neat it is to see how different Elder Smack has become since he was one of my two companions in the MTC. Upon a visit for a certain investigator named Leeanne, we taught the restoration while working on a Disney puzzle. I had to take a selfie for good measure to mark this unique circumstance.




                                 Myself, Leeanne Cosentino, the one and only Elder Smack




Elder Bischoff and I visited Ian a lot this week. We've had a blast. He's allowed us to do our laundry over there. Thank heaven because I'm sick of going to the laundromat. "It reminds me of Santa's workshop only it smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like they want to hurt me." Ian has instilled within us a great love for Sonic's fast food.






As you can see.





50 cent corn dogs at Sonic? Yes, please!






It's no Vanuatu, but Kansas can be pretty sometimes.



Ian Englebright was baptized this weekend, Saturday August 26th. From the water emerged a new creature in Christ: a forgiven disciple of our Savior. It was such an enchanting experience. Every one of us have been so amazed by the example of our dear brother Ian and the story of his conversion. Some converts simply catch fire.



"For there are many yet on the earth who are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it--"



The following day I was privileged to stand in the circle joining Ian's father, who has patiently waited for this moment for many years, in confirming Ian a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.








Elder Dallin H. Oaks of the quorum of the twelve apostles visited the Kansas Wichita Mission the very same Saturday of Ian's baptism. What an opportunity to look in the eyes of an apostle of the Lord! What an honor to simply shake his hand! There was something so special about the confirmation Elder Oaks, a member of the quorum of the twelve, is human just like me. Elder Oaks is an exceptional speaker, and has quite the sense of humor. The Spirit which accompanies him is amazing. I am so grateful for this rare opportunity.

After the mission conference, according to President McCuistion, Elder Oaks said this to Elder Nattress, Elder Rawson, and President and Sister McCuistion, "I rarely say this when I visit missionaries, and I visit a lot of missionaries, but your mission was very well prepared. They all just looked really great and I can tell a lot about a missionary from the way he or she looks and when I look into their eyes. And your missionaries are some of the best that I have met." President also claims Elder Oaks said on several occasions, speaking of the message he delivered, “I do not know why I said that. I’ve never said that before, but I know it was by the Spirit.”



Quite the compliment! Though I'm sure he says that to all the mission presidents he has the pleasure of meeting.




The mission with Elder Oaks





There's Elder Oaks... and there is me!



I can't express the enormity of the feelings I have for this gospel with my words. I know this church is true. It is the very church of Jesus Christ. I know the priesthood power is held by worthy men called of a Heavenly Father who loves me, you, and every one of our brothers and sisters very much.



Friends and family, I love you. I pray for you. I thank you.



Love from Wi-Chee-Tuh



No comments:

Post a Comment