Monday, May 23, 2016

I love my mission...

Elder Zurcher and I drove out of town to find some Less Active members who live in the boonies. I took some pictures! As I flipped through my camera roll, a certain parable began to flow through my mind...



A sower went out to sow his seed:




"...and as he sowed, some fell by the way side; and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it."

"...they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts."




"And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprang up with it, and choked it." 

"...choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection."




"And other fell on good ground, and sprang up, and bare fruit an hundredfold."

"...in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience."




"For behold the field is white...




...already to harvest." 




"And lo, he that thrusters in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul." 




A mission is hard work and full of sacrifice. From an earthly perspective, there is no logical reason why someone like me would love this work so much. I'm often out of my element, despised, discouraged, distressed. I'm glad I so often am able to teach the Plan of Salvation. By living His commandments, we can grow. Each of us will improve; Each of us will be more and more like Christ with each passing hour. I love this gospel, I love my savior. I love my mission.




No comments:

Post a Comment